The long awaited iPhone 2.1 software update is finally here. Let’s just hope that this iPhone update will resolve some of the issues addressed by the users, including the 3G problems. Reports has shown that this update runs smoothly with a good overall user feedback. We will keep our eyes on the forums for further feedback regarding the new iPhone 2.1 update.
Here are some details from Apple’s changelog regarding this new update:
- Decrease in call set-up failures and dropped calls
- Significantly better battery life for most users
- Dramatically reduced time to backup to iTunes
- Improved email reliability, notably fetching email from POP and Exchange accounts
- Faster installation of 3rd party applications
- Fixed bugs causing hangs and crashes for users with lots of third party applications
- Improved performance in text messaging
- Faster loading and searching of contacts
- Improved accuracy of the 3G signal strength display
- Repeat alert up to two additional times for incoming text messages
- Option to wipe data after ten failed passcode attempts
- Genius playlist creation
For late updaters, just launch your iTunes 8 and install this update on your iPhone.