Avira Antivir Virus Definition File Update May 17, 2013
Keep your PC safe by downloading the Virus Definition File for your copy of Avira AntiVir. If you are a home-user, Avira AntiVir Personal Edition Classic is a perfect solution for protecting your PC for free.
Avira Personal Edition Classic performs PC scans for malicious programs (viruses, Trojans, worms, backdoor programs, hoaxes, dialers etc.), at a fast speed, on a regular basis. It also keeps track of actions executed by users or the operating system and takes measures (repair, delete, block, rename and quarantine) when a threat is detected. It is also able to detect boot-sector viruses, alerting you in case of boot sectors suspicious formats.
You can configure your product to automatically download updates when available, so your PC will always be protected.
If you want to manually update Avira AntiVir Personal Edition Classic/Premium on a computer without internet access please go through the following steps:
- download the latest virus definition file (IVDF) on a PC connected to the internet.
- copy the downloaded virus definition files on a USB stick, CD-ROM or another portable media storage device (it is not necessary to extract the ZIP file).
- insert the media storage into the PC without internet access.
- start Avira AntiVir Personal Edition Classic/Premium and go to the “Update” menu and select “Manual Update”
- choose the virus definition file you just downloaded from your media storage and click “Open”.
Your copy of Avira AntiVir Personal Edition Classic/Premium is now up to date.
Use the AntiVir Virus Definition File update, if you are using one of the following Avira products:
- Avira AntiVir Personal, Premium and Premium Security Suite from version 9
- Avira AntiVir Personal (Unix) from version 3
- Avira AntiVir Professional (Windows) from version 9
- Avira AntiVir Professional (Unix) from version 3
- Avira AntiVir Server (Windows) from version 9
- Avira AntiVir Server (Unix) from version 3
- Avira AntiVir MailGate from version 3
- Avira AntiVir WebGate from version 3
- Avira AntiVir SharePoint from version 3
- Avira AntiVir ISA Server from version 3
Avira Antivir Virus Definition File Update May 17, 2013 is licensed as Data Only for the Windows operating system / platform. Avira Antivir Virus Definition File Update is provided as a free to try download for all software users (Data Only).
User Reviews (5)
ProsJust download the file, apply it to your Avira installation
SummaryIt seems some have problems updating using these offline updates. Either the guys at FC updated the files recently, but it just works for me. As someone posted below, if you have troubles, read the installation instructions again.
Any form of support or software problems will be addressd directly to its developers, Avira GmbH. Please be aware that we do NOT provide Avira Antivir Virus Definition File Update cracks, serial numbers, registration codes or any forms of pirated software downloads.
AVG Anti-Virus Business Edition gives you light, effective protection that is as agile as your business.
Blocks certain more sophisticated worms
CyberScrub Anti Virus Lifetime Edition
Detect and remove specific viruses
Removes Virus, Spyware & keyloggers
Anti-virus software with a proactive defense
4-engine protection from viruses and spyware
Remove Virtumonde infections
Affordable yet advanced PC virus protection.
An easy to use and full-featured antivirus software.