Avira Antivir Virus Definition File Update March 27, 2015
Avira Antivir Virus Definition File Update Description
Keep your PC safe by downloading the Virus Definition File for your copy of Avira AntiVir. If you are a home-user, Avira AntiVir Personal Edition Classic is a perfect solution for protecting your PC for free.
Avira Personal Edition Classic performs PC scans for malicious programs (viruses, Trojans, worms, backdoor programs, hoaxes, dialers etc.), at a fast speed, on a regular basis. It also keeps track of actions executed by users or the operating system and takes measures (repair, delete, block, rename and quarantine) when a threat is detected. It is also able to detect boot-sector viruses, alerting you in case of boot sectors suspicious formats.
You can configure your product to automatically download updates when available, so your PC will always be protected.
If you want to manually update Avira AntiVir Personal Edition Classic/Premium on a computer without internet access please go through the following steps:
- download the latest virus definition file (IVDF) on a PC connected to the internet.
- copy the downloaded virus definition files on a USB stick, CD-ROM or another portable media storage device (it is not necessary to extract the ZIP file).
- insert the media storage into the PC without internet access.
- start Avira AntiVir Personal Edition Classic/Premium and go to the “Update” menu and select “Manual Update”
- choose the virus definition file you just downloaded from your media storage and click “Open”.
Your copy of Avira AntiVir Personal Edition Classic/Premium is now up to date.
Avira Antivir Virus Definition File Update March 27, 2015 is licensed as Data Only for the Windows operating system / platform. Avira Antivir Virus Definition File Update is provided as a free to try download for all software users (Data Only).
User Reviews (5)
ProsJust download the file, apply it to your Avira installation
SummaryIt seems some have problems updating using these offline updates. Either the guys at FC updated the files recently, but it just works for me. As someone posted below, if you have troubles, read the installation instructions again.
Easily view BHOs installed on local and remote computers
An Incredibly Handy and Efficient Russian Antivirus
Microsoft Security Essentials - No cost, no hassle security software for your PC
Good anti-virus protection solution
Free Database update for The Cleaner
Powerful on-demand security scanner from Microsoft